Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Finding Of A Gem

So I thrifted my dress but my friend Katrina made hers, she even put zippers in her pockets
to keep everything safe and not have to drag a purse out while celebrating.


Dress: Thrifted
Bracelet: Thrifted
Headband: Lace trim from my stash


Happy New Year! I'm excited for 2014, lots of adventures and fun coming up this year. 

This amazing dress was one of a couple dresses I found while recently in Winnipeg, I didn't even try it on, I just looked at it and thought "yes, that'll fit" and then New Years Eve was upon us and I thought I should try this dress on in hopes of wearing it out. It did fit thank goodness! It has three tiers of lace and then two layers of chiffon for the skirt bottom, it's such a beautiful combination I think I'll have to keep it in mind for future inspiration!

I also attempted a "faux bob" and I think it turned out cute but I was definitely wanting to go more Greta Garbo than prim and proper. Better luck next time.

Did you make anything for New Years Eve?

2 comments:

  1. You two look gorgeous doll, adore both of your dresses, what a find and a great creation too :))) Happy New Year, I hope it's a wonderful one for you Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both wonderful, such beautiful dresses.
    Happy 2014, dear Bri.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!