Sunday, January 5, 2014

Issey Miyake Vogue Jacket


issey miyake, vogue, draped collar

lilac jacket, v1052

Jacket: Selfmade V1052
Leather Gloves: Gift
Pants: Mexx
Boots: Aldo
Earrings: Gift


This jacket is a Vogue Issey Miyake pattern I bought a few years back but was a project I had finished for 2013. I had meant to take photos earlier and post this project but getting but it didn't happen and here we are. I am so happy with how this jacket turned out, I love the drape of the double collar it's so different from any jacket I've made before. I will admit that the jacket was supposed to have welt pockets and I didn't put them in, hilarious given the amount of welt pockets I sew in a year at work but apparently I had a lazy moment!

And of course the moment I step outside to take photos it starts snowing again.

Happy 2014!

5 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful jacket doll, am amazed at the things you can make, I am terrible at that kind of stuff. Love the colour on you too :)) Have a gorgeous new week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet jacket, is such a beauty!

    Cee. ♥
    Code Overdressed

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were blogging in the snow too!!! Love the purple with your gorgeous red hair!! So glamorous!!!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful violet in the snow, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Magic.
    Do keep in touch, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Love and sunshine Monday
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Issey Miyake. I know his patterns are not easy, with odd pattern pieces and non traditional construction. But they are so worth sewing. Your jacket is wonderful. The purple color is unique and very flattering.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!