Thursday, November 8, 2012

Festive Shoe DIY

After Halloween I got thinking about the shoes I had decorated for my costume and how much I really liked how they turned out. It also got me thinking about all the other things I'd like to put on my shoes so I thought I would share what I did with my shoes for my costume:


I used:
Fabric ripped into strips for my ruffle
Fray check - for my fabric as it frayed really bad and made a mess!
Leather needle
Buttons
I bought a pair of shoes for this, but I have a pair or two in my closet I'll use in the future.

I gathered my fabric strips to make my ruffle, I did this by machine but this could be done just as easily by hand! I stitched on the ruffle all the way around the edge of the shoe using my leather needle, as my shoes were leather and this made the stitching much easier.


I added gold buttons onto my shoes and voila! These shoes remind me of so many of the fabulous ones on Marie Antoinette. 

I've actually been collecting gold buttons to cover an entire pair of shoes.... Maybe I'll get to them next!

Anyways, I thought this was the perfect time for this DIY because it's almost party season and what girl doesn't need a fabulous pair of shoes to go with a fabulous dress?


6 comments:

  1. Those look fabulous. I never think of things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so cute!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, those shoes are fabulous! What a great DIY! They look super expensive!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very clever! Your "new" shoes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I absolutely love this. So gorge! You're incredibly talented!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!