Monday, October 15, 2012

Guest Post: Tasha Delrae

As a special treat while I'm away Natasha is here for a guest post to share some of her sewing and DIY projects from some of the big trends this year. Enjoy!

Hi friends of Bri’s!
It's Natasha from TashaDelrae.com!  You may have seen me here on Briannas blog a time or two before…because that’s what friends do, sometimes they show up to your house for dinner…other times they take over your blog for the day!
I thought I would share with you some of my more recent sewing projects, the inspiration behind them and how I wore them. Like Brianna, I not only enjoy styling outfits (aka getting dressed), but also spend a lot of time making clothes (and accessories).


In January I was inspired by Floral Blazers and Leather sleeved Blazers, so I mixed the two together and made this faux leather sleeved floral blazer.

 
In June I mixed my love of Peplum Skirts and the colour green and altered a basic skirt pattern to make a pencil skirt with a peplum.
For all non-sewers out there I also made a no-sew removable peplum version out of faux leather!


Last month I was inspired by Oversized Blazers and Boyfriend Vests and made this oversized vest.


In September my little brother got married and since my eggo is preggo, I needed a dress to fit my baby bump.  I was inspired by the Tulip Shaped Maternity dresses at ASOS.com to make this Fall watercolour printed Maternity Dress.  I included a tutorial on my blog showing how I altered a regular dress pattern to turn it into a tulip shaped maternity dress.  The greatest thing about this dress is that it fits my (not at all pregnant) dress form perfectly, meaning that you don't have to be knocked up to wear this style of dress!
I hope you've enjoyed checking out my latest projects as much as I've enjoyed sharing them with you!  Of course there's many are sewing projects on my blog...and a bunch of DIY posts as well!

Thank you Natasha!

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!