Friday, August 17, 2012

Flag Dresses

How amazing is this maple leaf fascinator that my friend Melissa is wearing!


Flag dress: Self made


We had a work bbq and the theme was the Olympics, so here is what a couple of my co workers and I did. This was a fun project I whipped up in an evening, (when I say evening, it did go until 1am, but I loved every minute of my staying up late and sewing along to Alt Nation, thank you Radio Madison!).

Our dresses were a hit, we won first place!

Have a fabulous weekend!

8 comments:

  1. That dress is amazing. I would wear that out anywhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wonderful...congrats to you all, you did a fabulous job!! I love them and the fascinator is marvellous...have a super weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on winning and I love the dress you came up with. I wish that I had the sewing skills to do equally creative things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and clever idea for your dresses. Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous trio of dresses, and such a clever idea! I can see why you swept the prizes! What's more, I think you can wear your dress again, not as a costume, it is very very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, great flag dresses! your's is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is what you call patriotic! Great job on the dress, really love the sleeve.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!