Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What The Hem





Jacket: F21
Wrap Dress: Thrifted
Bracelets: Thrifted & Dollarama & F21
Calvin Klein Heels: Town Shoes
Necklace: Le Chateau


I found this dress a while ago, it just took me a while to get around to ironing it. Who wants to iron after a scorching hot day, when your house is hot enough? Can you see the strange hem on this dress? It's a hankerchief style hem with the points pulled up and sewn back around onto the hem. It makes it interesting to say the least...

I have been very bad and not doing any sewing lately, I get home and it just doesn't happen. I'm going through a rut perhaps? I have a few projects on the go, so I really should get back to work and finish them!

I was thinking the other day about my Fall Wardrobe Challenge from last year and that I would like to do something along those lines again. No idea what the projects will be as of yet, but I'm sure I may go overboard yet again. 

7 comments:

  1. It seems like everyone goes through times where they don't sew. I know for me, much like your stall on ironing the dress, it's a bit too hot to have the iron running while sewing. I *really* have to want something (or a deadline) to sew in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning dress...I really need to get back into sewing, I have been lazy at it lately, maybe when the winter comes again and I am not distracted by the outside :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The back of that dress is gorgeous! It is part-chic, part-flowy, part-warrior princess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the match od the dress and shoes!!! it was stunning!!! love it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't use an iron. I don't think my boss likes that.

    Love the dress and you in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting hem indeed, but, as always, you wear it well. Great shoes choice too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!