Monday, June 11, 2012

Thrifty Finds

I thrifted these dresses a week ago but due to the seriously brutal weather have not had a chance to wear them, so I'm sharing them because I'm getting quite impatient to show them off!

This printed dress has an interesting thing going on with the hankerchief hem becuase the points are stitched up to the side seam.



I'm happy to say that I think this hem looks better when on an actual person or maybe that was me only paying half attention when I tried it one over top of my clothes. I was pulling a lazy girls clothes trying on move....


This is a very pretty Zara dress I remembered seeing I think last summer but not justifying spending whatever they were asking, I think $60-$70 (If it's possible this may be the one downside to sewing, justifying spending money on clothes when you could easily make them). I didn't notice the slit height on this dress (why in the world would you put a slit on a short dress at center front and center back?), so I need to stitch that up.

I am happy to say that I only spent $20 on both these dresses and I'm sure I'll get lots of use out of them this summer.

Happy Monday!

I am very happy to say that I got my drafting table all set up this weekend, so I'm one step closer to having my sewing room reno done.

6 comments:

  1. Great finds Bri.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love that handkerchief dress! The print and cut are fabulous!

    <3 Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them both! I'm wondering if you're supposed to kinda put your legs through the loops on the handkerchief dress...so that it's kinda haremish? I dunno :S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of them are awesome! Nice finds girl!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are in my blog reading lineup too. I very inspired by your outfits especially the inclusion of your hand made items.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Zara dress, minus the slits up to the crotch haha. I totally relate to you in the weather department. I bought a ton of new summer clothes, but so far haven't even come close to having a chance to wear them. No fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!