Monday, February 27, 2012

Mad Men Dress Challenge: Choosing

JuliaBobbin is hosting a Mad Men dress challenge and I'm quite excited! Now I have to admit I've never watched Mad Men(gasp!) but I've always enjoyed photos from the show with the fabulous clothing they always wear. Plus I've been getting amazing vintage patterns from work so this is a great chance for me to start using them!

These are my favorite outfit inspirations


Okay, so I don't have the curves that Christina does, but I love this style and still think it would quite versatile.


This Pucci esque maxi is absolutely amazing but where to find fabric that would do this justice?


This dress has such a fabulous extra layer on the skirt that wraps at the front which I really like!


I really like the way this contrasting fabric band


I love Betty's multi colored dress with the layered ruffles!


Okay this isn't a dress but it is a fantastic suit with a leopard blouse and I have a pattern just like this!

Mad Men Challenge Blogger Button

6 comments:

  1. Love your inspriation pics.Especially the first one with the shawl collar and the one with the contrast polka dot sash!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait for the return of Mad Men - I really need my Mad Men fashion fix!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the 4th dress is my favorite of all of the possibilities. I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo Ooo Oo! I love your dress choices! Can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

    P.s. your past creations are fanstic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mad Men and the styles featured on there. Especially Christina Hendricks' wardrobe. I also love January Jones' outfits too, though. And Jon Hamm? Well, he's just nice to look at in anything! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see what you do with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!