Monday, February 6, 2012

Leopard Wallpaper

Thursday night I had a very unexpected call saying my wallpaper had arrived, which meant it was at least a week early from what I was originally told not that I'm complaining! I've never wallpapered before but this turned out to be a good project, not difficult, not easy but certainly worth all the trouble. 

Costs for one 8x10ft wall:

Wallpaper - 4 rolls $100
Tools: $29

Time taken to hang paper: 3.5hrs


The original wall was a soft butter yellow, I had read online about using an acrylic product called sizing  which stops the wallpaper from drying as quickly which enables the wallpaper to be adjusted for better positioning. Plus, the sizing can be tinted (as seen above) which will blend better with the color of the wallpaper being used to reduce the ability to see between the seams of the paper just in case!


Voila, my masterpiece! Good luck to anyone that comes over to my place and tries to find the seems on this wallpaper, I could hardly find them when I was looking for them to run the seam roller over them!

If you've been thinking about wallpapering, I say do it! I did this project all by myself, just me and my two hands (I'm a perfectionist and my man is not, ergo he was not invited to participate in this project. I will say that it seems as though he was relieved about this because he brought up once that he didn't think he would be good at wallpapering....)

Please not the time listed is simply just for the hanging of the wallpaper, it did not include all the moving of stuff nor the moving back of stuff!

Now I'm trying to figure out what else I can wallpaper.....

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you are brave! That's a brave endeavor and a brave print...but it looks like you did an amazing job. Love the contrasting colors in that last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love it! What a nice man you have, that allows you to decorate with leopard print!
    Robert please pass on the niceness to Brody :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic wall--leopard! It will make a great background for photo shoots. I know the last time I had any wallpapering done, I hired it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, that is fabulous wallpaper, so sexy. My husband and I wallpapered together and it was a true test of our relationship. We survived. I can see the seams on our walls though and a couple of brush bristles too.
    I have been collecting wallpaper from op shops for a few years now,not only because I love the stuff but because I like to screen print on it.
    I recently did a collage of my faves on one of my bedroom walls, I love it.
    Please tell me this is in your boudoir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is officially my dream room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very very cool :D love that print. I'm following

    Check my blog and follow me if you like :)

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This look absolutely amazing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Cool wallpaper and beautifully finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!