Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Channeling Coco





Trench: Bebe
Sweater: Thrifted
Skirt: Selfmade
Gloves: Gift from Natasha
Necklace: Suzy Shier
Boots: ?


I started this skirt back around Xmas but then got busy, I don't think thats too hard for anyone to imagine.... Anyways finally finished this skirt. Now you may be saying, what do you mean finally, its a simple maxi skirt.... however I get to a point where when I stop on a project is can be grueling to make myself finish it simply because I've moved on.... It does feel great to have it completed though don't get me wrong but I'm certainly a gemini in this case where I'm great at starting projects but finishing them can be hard for me! 

I will say that I bought this fabric at Walmart many years ago and it was so thin and kind of see through I actually quilted this fabric onto the lining to stabilize it. What a pain...... It did turn out rather Chanel esque which is why I couldn't resist pairing the pearls with it!

Meanwhile I was over the moon to find my amazing gloves after having been on the hunt for them since the fall! They somehow ended up with my tights, I found them flirting with some bright red tights... But how do gloves end up hiding with the tights I ask?

Happy Hump Day (You know, because it's Wednesday....)!

12 comments:

  1. woaahh you MADE that!?!??!? :O youve got talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! (I'm starting to think I say this all the time when commenting on your blog..haha)
    I can't beleive you quilted the fabric to the lining...you're crazy! I always try to find the easy way out of everything (laziest sewer ever!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skirt. I like that plaid, the light colour works well in the maxi length.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The look of this outfit is fantastic. Nice job on the skirt. Quilting the fabric for the skirt was a brilliant idea. It turned out really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the skit completion! LOVE the gloves..such awesome detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats such a nice skirt! And glad to meet a fellow Calgarian. There aren't too many of us out there it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait a moment! Is this skirt handmade... BY YOUR HANDS?! WOW! Teach me? hahahah Simple amazing skirt paired so well!

    Kisses,
    Cri. (ilpiccolomondodicri.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That skirt is great girl...you inspire me to finally get my sewing machine fixed. And those red chevron gloves are making me drool-i have to find some now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That skirt is great girl...you inspire me to finally get my sewing machine fixed. And those red chevron gloves are making me drool-i have to find some now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That skirt is great girl...you inspire me to finally get my sewing machine fixed. And those red chevron gloves are making me drool-i have to find some now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!