Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Sherlock Moment

Can you see the chain that is attached to the pocket watch hidden in the welt pocket?




Bowtie: Selfmade
Waistcoat: Drafted and made by me
Frock Coat: Drafted and made by me


Here's the beau at long last modeling his Victorian frock coat and waistcoat. All I can say about these photo's is that we took them at the end of the night, after all the shanannigans.

The bowtie I whipped together Saturday afternoon at the request of the beau and as you can see he did pull it off quite well! The frock coat is made out of a green and cream herringbone wool with a silk wool blend fabric for the cuffs and upper collar. Aside from a men's dress shirt, I took my men's victorian tailoring class with no menswear experience and had a blast. If I didn't like making clothes for myself so much I'd do more tailoring for the beau, not that I think he'd get nearly enough use out of any of it to make me happy! 

I would like to make a top hat to go with this outfit, that last piece I feel would complete this outfit! Did I mention I had tried to convince the beau that he should wear this when the latest Sherlock movie came out? That would of been funny!

Do you ever make garments for your man?

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's awesome. Nicely done and good modelling by the beau.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!! And, I agree, he should wear it for a midnight viewing of Sherlock Holmes...what fun that would be. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to be able to make things for myself never mind the Better Half! Me thinks your beau is enjoying this modelling malarky ;)

    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha...that would have been hilarious to see someone dressed like that at the Sherlock movie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!