Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Faux Fur Gilet


The faux fur gilet is done at last!


Faux Fur Gilet: Self made
Dress: Thrifted
Belt: H & M
Earrings: Joe Fresh
Gloves: DIY Project
Tights: Winners
Boots: Aldo


Its been a balmy 9 degrees around here lately which is so very strange, but I'm sure mother nature will be coming back with a vengence soon. I share this so people don't think I'm crazy standing outside without a coat in January in good 'ole Canada. 

I whipped this vest up a while ago and then just needed to slip stitch an opening so after finally doing that I got to wear it and show it to you. That's another project knocked off the never ending list, now I need to finish up my maxi skirt!

Meanwhile, 2012 is shaping up to be a year of home reno projects and I'm quite excited! Last night I went to Home Depot armed with measurements and had a lovely gentleman help me pick out shelving, brackets and braces to convert my closet into a shelved closet for all of my fabric. I can't wait to get this project done and get my disaster of a sewing room tidied! The beau and I also discussed taking out all the carpet upstairs and putting in laminate flooring since we've enjoyed the downstairs we did so much. I would love having laminate in my sewing room instead of carpet and welcome the idea, no more pins hiding in the carpet! I also want to wallpaper one feature wall in my sewing room and then putting up strip lighting around the sides of the room as one light just doesn't cut it. Did I mention I picked up two trestle's for my drafting table and they go up a perfect height and now I'm just waiting for the table top to come in? 

Will you be doing any home projects like this?

2 comments:

  1. Love the gilet. It's the kind of thing I admire on others but would struggle to style on myself.

    We ripped out the carpeting for laminate on our main floor two years ago now and I love it. I look at the light grey carpet in my sewing room that is full of threads and dream about ripping it out. Then I come back to reality of what it would mean to take ALL that stuff out of the sewing room (and the other bedrooms as I may as well do it all at once) to do it... I don't know that I have that kind of courage, but it would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...if you're already renovating his house I think you might as well marry the guy!!!! Hahahahahaha!!! Oh I make myself laugh :)
    Why are all your outfits so fun? I love how you keep mixing vintage inspired looks with a bit of grunge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!