Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Labrinth Halloween Costume




My sister Jennifer would like to be a character from the Ballroom scene in the Labrinth this year for Halloween. This is a classic movie my sisters and I grew up with and it just doesn't get any better than David Bowie and the crazy outfits he wears!

We found this dress at Value Village and I plan to do some changes to it to funk this dress up as well as adding some fabric and lace trim. I told my sister we had to take before photos because by the time the dress was finished she'd forget all the work I'd done and not appreciate my mad skills... ha ha ha

The above sketch is what I intend to do, but if you're not me its probably hard to tell what is what.....
I'm taking my hardly legible drawing as a good sign, like doctors with impossible signatures its part of the trade sometimes.....


4 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC. I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE WHAT YOU COME OUT WITH.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't wait to see how you change the dress!!

    xoxo Denise

    http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - I used to love, love, love this movie. David Bowie...swoon.

    What a great costume idea. I can't wait to see pics from Halloween.

    http://www.fashiondynamite.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!