Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dress Refashion For Halloween

Here is another refashion as part of the Old to New October event Natasha is co-hosting with A Little Bit Of This 

This is a dress I refashioned for my sister for her Halloween Costume!







I started by taking it in A LOT. I also changed the neckline, shortened the dress to midi length, removed the white crinoline underneath and putting in a new zipper. *I forgot to mention all the boning I sewed into the bodice as well!

The fun stuff was stitching on the trim around the neckline and torso piece as well as the serious amount of black crinoline that helps give this dress the volume at the bottom of the skirt. The black and gold fabric I gathered and stitched along the over layer piece and ended up having a last minute brilliant idea. I decided to take the end you see buttoned at the back and gather it and put a finger loop in it, but put the button on the back so when my sister has had enough floating with this fabric she can hitch it up at the back and continue on with her galavanting! Quite genius if I do say myself... because I must be the first person to ever do that right? Sadly no, but it looks cool!

I almost forgot to mention the crazy applique I did on the front with my lace leftovers from my Lace skirt project. I chalked where I wanted to cut out the piece of lace and then attached it on the front after taking forever to cut out the shapes on the lace as perfectly as I could manage. Plus the lace on the spaghetti strap that I then stitched feathers into also. 

All in all this was a great project and I was happy to do it as my sister is stoked for her costume. I can't wait to see her in her wig and masque with this dress for the full effect! Stay tuned!






Not only is this a fun project hosted by the above's lovely ladies, they're giving away prizes at the end of the month including accessories from Anika Burke, I'm loving the fun chunky necklaces and rings!

14 comments:

  1. COMMENT ON MY LATEST POST,AND I WILL FOLLOW YOU
    AUTOMATICALLY
    BUT THEN , PLEASE FOLLOW ME BACK. :

    seekthesleek.blogspot.com
    if you follow my blog:

    - I WILL BE ACTIVE ON COMMENTING YOUR POSTS
    - I WILL RECOMMEND YOUR POSTS TO GOOGLE
    - I WILL SHARE YOUR POSTS TO MY TWITTER : @TIODANG
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT, SO I CAN MENTION YOU IF I SHARE YOUR POST TO MY TWITTER,
    AND FEEL FREE TO MENTION ME IF YOU WANT ME TO READ YOUR NEWEST POST & COMMENT IT!
    - I WILL PROMOTE YOUR BLOG IN MY BLOG (*this one need a special request , please contact me: cheeringwinda@yahoo.com if you are interested!)
    *THAT IS AS LONG AS YOU KEEP IN TOUCH WITH MY BLOG TOO!!*
    so follow seekthesleek.blogspot.com nowww ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks incredible! I love the sweetheart neckline with the ruffle and the feather strap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...that first comment is amazing eh?
    Love this!! It turned out fantastic...looks like a lot of work for a costume...but I guess it's what you love to do!

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is so full of life...and I mean that in the best way possible. The "I might be forced to try it myself even though I'll probably FAIL" way. Come by and see me sometime...when you're not recreating dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This refashion is super impressive. I can't believe how much you put into it!!! It's beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. a princess you look special in this post.


    i hope you have time to come to my blog.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a remarkable change! You have a talent. :)

    I really like the detail on the shoulders.

    Vikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your changes look absolutely amazing. You are so talented.
    Thanks for mentioning me on your tweet by the way.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you're so talented (and a pretty awesome sister)! Beautiful dress! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic job, wowwwwwwwwwwwww. Pretty sister, too.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!