Friday, September 16, 2011

The Duchess Costumes







Today's costumes are from The Duchess worn by Keira Knightly. The were designed by Micheal O'Connor and received an Academy Award and a BAFTA Award for best Costume Design. 
Once again, I'm amazed by all the work in these costumes and wish wish wish I could touch them and see the inside!

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the costumes for this movie but Ralph Fiennes plays such a monster it was a rather sad movie.

And yes in response to a comment yesterday, I definitely am lucky the security was perhaps a little more lax at The Glenbow because my friends and I stuck our faces right up to the costumes and never had a word or stink eye bit of trouble!

Happy Friday!

And I'm happy to report I got a fair bit of work done on my red pants and they are 2/3's done! I'm thinking I'll make my knit top next which will only take an afternoon and that should put me back on track!

10 comments:

  1. I love that navy jacket! The Duchess was a great movie and i agree...I was not a fan of Ralph but in real life I am! Loved him in the English Patient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! So gorgeous! Look at that embroidery work! And a picture on the dress - I guess that perfectly sums up the fashions of that time. :) These are beautiful. I love love love that movie. I think it's one of Keira's best. It is heartbreaking, but I still love it. The end was at least a *little* hopeful. :) Can't wait to see the red pants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this blog. i hope you can check out mine.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you've had a chance to get closer. I didn't remember the previous costume you posted, but I remember these! You must have the same exhibition my daughter and I saw. (Cut! was the name, I think.) Isn't it great?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The details are just so so amazing! Thanks so much for sharing these, I've saved the photographs for reference in my 'mood boards'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I found your blog and I like it so much! great clothing!
    Come and visit my blog, and if you like it, follow me, I'll be waiting for you!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!