Monday, September 26, 2011

Better Timing





Vest: H & M
Tank: Thrifted
Shorts: Joe Fresh
Sandals: Aldo
Hat: Walk About Hats
BCBG Necklace: Thrifted
Purse: Milano Market
Sunnies: Le Chateau


Nope, I am not wearing the Vogue jacket I had said I would sew and complete over the weekend. This is me enjoying a bit of the lovely weather we had yesterday, even though then the wind came up and I was stuck clinging to my hat for the rest of the outing! I am enjoying the fall colors though!

I did not get the Vogue jacket done as expected. In future when setting timelines for myself I should perhaps do a little recon and recognize how much there really is to do, not to mention inconvenient house issues that arise and take up precious sewing time! This jacket has a lot of pieces, and I was also thinking it was unlined for some reason. I am glad it's lined, plus I found some great printed lining in my stash this weekend, but when I said I would just whip it up on Saturday, I had not even cut out the pattern yet... Then I realized I had not washed my fabric (that I could remember anyways...). I have got most of it sewn together, just the collar to do and then move onto the lining....


Have I mentioned that my domestic machine is still not wanting to sew buttonholes and now I give up and will take it in for a service! I think I forgot to mention that when I posted about my pants, thats why I was wearing a belt! I do have the most fabulous star button for them too!


Also, my laptop is still not back so I am sorry for not responding to comments as much as I usually do. Hopefully I'll have it back soon and life will be so much better!

5 comments:

  1. So jealous of your warm weather! I'm glad you're at least wearing Fall colours though :)

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that frilly vest! Great outfit, looks perfect on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that beautiful brown pattern with the green shorts. And I don't blame you for enjoying the weather while you can - at least around where I live, good weather is usually hard to come by, especially on the weekends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this answers my question a couple of posts ago haha. It looks very fallish where you are, I love it. I am back in DK, and haven't noticed too much pretty foliage yet :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!