Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back To Square One






DKNY Blazer: Thrifted
Silk Top: Thrifted
Jeans: Thrifted
Necklace: Gift
Shoes: Nine West


This is my outfit from date night with the beau, this outfit is actually from the weekend before last! It somehow got left out, but its a cute outfit so here it is! After dinner we went and watched the finale of the fireworks competition called Globalfest, we've gone every year since we've met but this was certainly the best weather wise. I spent most of the night just wearing my top, only putting my blazer on towards the end of the night.... Now for some this may seem like no big deal, but this is Alberta and the weather can change in an instant! Some years at this event we have hidden underneath our blanket from hail or rain even!

Back to my Fall Wardrobe Challenge, I'm going to make my red pants next but have hit a snag. After looking at the 2 pants patterns I had previously drafted, I decided neither would work for this project so now I am back to the drafting stage. This means I now need to draft the pants, make a mock up, then do any alterations before finally making the pants meaning I will be very busy for the remainder of the week!

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. ok thats it. You need to come thrifting with me since you have the best luck in finding things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love that Blazer so much!!
    What was the problem with your pant patterns? To get my perfect pants I just kept making adjustments to my existing patterns...finally I ended up measuring some perfect fitting pants up against my pattern I had drafted and then made a few adjustment...maybe that will help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing neckalce! This is Lindsay from My Life As A Foreigner. I am having problems commenting under my own profile again. Soooo annoying! I haven't had time to blog much lately, so be prepared for lots of annoymous comments that area really from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about this look. It's so classic and chic. Wish you would've had more pics from date night however those shoes totally make up for it. Nine West is one of my faves because their shoes are always so stylish and most importantly...they're comfy!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello!!! I love your blog! My parents own a shoe shop in Wainwright Alberta. I think you would love it in there...1000's of different styes all just the cutest most up to date fashions. In fact...I just got home from the Trends show...it is where we go to purchase the styles for next season...and get to see what is up and coming for fashions in jewelery and clothing too! I just had a wonderful little email chat with your mom. She is a doll....and she sent me to your blog. I am so glad you did!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!