Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thrifted Bling





Striped Top: Joe Fresh
Skirt: Joe Fresh
BCBG Necklace: Thrifted
Tie sandals: Random store in Rome


I'm still crazy for this necklace I thrifted recently, especially with this outfit because it pulls the whole thing together! Yay bling. 

Going back to the Fall Wardrobe Challenge I mentioned yesterday, I'm currently sketching out ideas and going through my fabric stash for more inspiration. Today I was going through my September issue of Flare and just loving every single page! Its going to be hard to narrow down my choices regarding what to make. Hopefully I'll have figured out what I want to make and with what for the weekend so I can start, however I have company arriving Thursday so this will not help me be productive. I'm thinking I will probably set a deadline of mid October for it to be done but we'll see about that. I work better with deadlines but I want to be realistic and not setting myself up for failure....

I'm wondering if I have perhaps encouraged anyone out there to join me in their own version of a fall wardrobe challenge? I was even thinking for those of you out there that are more DIY types and like to thrift this would be a good chance for you to do this yourself. You could make a list of things you want and then make little projects out of your finds to make your own fall wardrobe based on what you're going for. Just a thought.... 

10 comments:

  1. I love that idea!
    I was trying to think of how we could work it into a blog challenge/fun thing to do.
    I was thinking for myself that I might choose a few key peices from my wardrobe and then design the collection around them...since I had mentioned that most of the items I make are "fillers" to a not quite complete wardrobe.
    I love the idea of the thrifting and DIYing concept!

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those tie sandals!!! They are just INCREDIBLE! And your nautical look is sooo chic and cool! Happy summer babe!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally missed the bling at first because my eyes were focused on those amazing shoes!!! I love the whole outfit, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the skirt, and the striped top! I just so happen to be wearing stripes today and I think they're fabulous! I think this is one of my favorite outfits of yours! Maybe because I love bling, and the bling just brings it all together!
    Xoxo,
    Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your outfit is tres chic! The skirt and top are so cute!! And i love the idea. I might consider it. Great post and cute blog! :] Have a happy week!
    xo
    Madison

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have definitely inspired me to thrift more. Okay, I mean to start thrifting. I am no good with a needle and thread though, so I will allow my grandmother to attend to the necessary handiwork :) (Lindsay again...)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!