Thursday, August 11, 2011

Loudest Pants Ever







Denim jacket: Zara
Zara top: Thrifted
Pants: Self made
BCBG Necklace: Thrifted
Sandals: Aldo
Purse: Winners
Bangles: Suzy Shier & Ten Thousand Villages

These pants are a mock up I made recently, but they turned out so I'm wearing them for real. I was hoping it would happen this way since I love this fabric a lot! All I did was take my basic pant block, add some ease, lower the waistband, adjust the leg length and then insert an area at the waistband and hem for a drawstring. I'm also going to do a version with pleats at the waist instead of the drawstring and do more of a peg leg with a cuff which I'm looking forward to working on.

I asked the beau what he thought about my pants and this is what I got "those are the loudest pants I've ever seen!" 

My mum took these photos while I was visiting her and pointed out that the print of the fabric looked like a clamatis, hence the close up photo of me holding the flower by my pants. I think she said it was called a clamatis? I'm hopeless when it comes to flowers....

Meanwhile, check out this amazing necklace I thrifted, isn't it fabulous! I got this on my girls weekend with Natasha, and while I did find quite a few things I think this necklace is by far my favorite find! 

6 comments:

  1. I hear those pants loud and clear...they're gorgeous! You did a great job on them. Men know absolutely nothing about style. Lol

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I told you how much I love your necklace?
    And of course the pants are fabulous!

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loud, yes, but perfect with the sandals and tank! I really like them on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're so groovy the spice the entire outfit up!


    Lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    absorbing optimistic rays

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit.. so colorful! And I love colorful when it is done right.... and it's done right! Congrats! I L-O-V-E the pants! I want a pair! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally...now I know where that bag came from. I also now know that I will probably never find its twin :( (Lindsay again...maybe I just better shut down the comments until I can do it under my profile again)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!