Thursday, August 18, 2011

Knits Are Fun




Knit Top: Self Made
Skirt: Suzy Shier
Oxfords: Spring
Necklace: Thrifted


Yep, here's my awesome thrifted necklace again..... I really do love it.
This is a knit top I made in my knits class, yes its a pretty plain top but I can't tell you how hard it is for me to find a well fitted knit top that is wide enough in the shoulders, but fitted enough through my waist not to mention long enough in the torso!!!!

The close up of the sleeve is to show one of the finishes I used. Once I folded up my hem and then flipped it up to the right side, I ran the edge where you see the serging through my serger with the blade taken off. Then once I flipped the hem back down I tugged gently all the way around so on the right side of the fabric there are tiny vertical stitches all the way around from the hem. A simple technique I had never tried before and quite liked the finished look of.

I think I'll be using this knit top pattern in my Fall Wardrobe Challenge to make a knit top and extend it to make a simple knit dress out of some fabulous fabric I've been wondering what to do with. I'm also needing some shirt ideas so I'm hoping that going through my stash will bring up some fun ideas.    

5 comments:

  1. OOOOHHHH! I super love this! It's but so classy!

    I always find inspiration for new clothes on Ebay. I know it sounds ridiculous, but they have some really cool things, so I just save them in my "to-make" folder, that never really gets opened. I have a feeling its more a lack of sewing skills that holds me back! But you. I could see you having great success with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. youve got some mad serger skills! and i love your thrifted necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how often you are getting to wear that necklace. That is awesome!!! Your skirt is sooo cute. You look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have I seen this necklace yet? I must not have, because it is an unforgettable piece! Fabulous! (Lindsay again...this anonymous thing is super annoying)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!