Monday, August 22, 2011

Fall Wardrobe Challenge




Okay, here are the final eight pieces I decided on. Its going to be eight pieces in eight weeks, done for Thanks Giving Monday (Canadian Thanks Giving). This may be a rather far fetched goal but if you don't push yourself you will never know. So here goes nothing....

I would like to stress that these sketches were done very quickly, the only point in them being that I had a visual to motivate me! My list of pieces were simply to add to my wardrobe, not eight pieces to make and mix and match only amongst them. The pieces are as follows:

Issey Miyake V1052: Jacket
Lace with Sequins Skirt - Pattern to be drafted
Dress: Pattern to be drafted
Jacket: McCalls M5480
Blouse V8696
Red Skinny Pants: Will be altering a pants pattern I had previously drafted
Knit Dress: Altering knit top pattern
Knit Top: Knit top pattern I had previously drafted

I think eight pieces may be a fair bit to do, but it was hard enough to narrow it down to just eight. If there's one thing I've realized with this challenge, its just how many other things I want to make! I will also point out all the fabric I will be using is from my stash, and it wasn't hard. It doesn't even seem as though this will even put a dent in my stash.....

Stay Tuned....

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!