Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fall Wardrobe Challenge Knit Dress



This is the knit fabric I'm using for my knit dress, I got it at a charity fabric sale this past spring. Its super soft and just the right amount of stretch for me so I think it will be quite perfect for this project. 

For my pattern, I used my knit top pattern and then added my skirt sloper for the bottom part of the dress, lining the sloper and pattern pieces up at the hip line. 

Hopefully tonight I'll be able to zip this all together, since dinner with guests turned into shopping afterwards and zero sewing last night....

Meanwhile, the blue knit fabric I'm using for my knit top has vanished.....

If you were blue knit fabric where would you be?

6 comments:

  1. I'm getting a bit of a Missoni vibe here (which is a great thing) I can't wait to see everything finished. I still don't know what I wanna do :(

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like its going to be very nice...can't wait to see the end result.

    xoxo
    P&P

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to see it finished.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love striped knits. I can't wait to see your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brianna I think that it's so awesome that you design clothing!! You've inspired me!!! I can't wait to see this finish product!! Xoxo DeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  6. have fun with the sewing, be sure to take pics of the final product and show us :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!