Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thrifty Thursday



Dress: Thrifted 
Necklace: Gift and made by my sister Kayleigh
Oxfords: Spring

Okay, so the sun kept coming out and then going behind clouds and my pictures turned out completely crazy as a result, I tried to rescue them..... I found this dress while thrifting a while back, it still had the tags on it, a label I did not recognize and something about it being a sample which was a new one for me.... Regardless, its a crazy print and a wrap dress so even though its a little too big I had to get it! Plus I think it was about $8.....

Today I will be participating in the EBEW Thrifty Thursday Challenge, provided its not too complicated....

In regards to a comment yesterday as to what my job is, I work as a seamstress sewing and altering costumes for a historical park. I just started beginning of May upon completing my diploma in fashion, and as per a favorite quote my teacher posted on her door "Love what you do and you will never work a day in your life" unfortunately I can't remember who that quote is by, but it is certainly true!

Thrift | Everybody, Everywear

5 comments:

  1. Haha I"m guilty of giving stuff with tags on it to the thrift store! I used to buy things thinking that one day they would fit... and in all reality, they never did. So now I just buy things that actually look good in the present instead of hoping they look good in the future
    Xoxo,Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the funky retro pattern this dress is rocking! It's so fun and cute. What a great look on you - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thrifted find! You should submit this to my photo thrifting link up. I'd love to see more of your finds!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pairing oxford type shoes with more girly outfits just like this!!

    I think your job sounds amazingly interesting and fun, what an awesome way to put your talents to use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh what a find! <3 I love your darling shoes too!


    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!