Wednesday, July 20, 2011

High Tea




I love my job, and here I am dressed up in the very costumes that I help alter, repair, and sew for high tea at The Rectory. This was such a delightful experience, we sat and had tea, cucumber sandwiches and sugar cookies in the shape of teapots! 

This also meant that we the group in our discussion of "setting up a quilting guild" were quite the tourist attraction and it was hilarious. The town doctor even stopped in since he had heard about our quilting ideas and mentioned the hospital was in need of a quilt or two... We also heard the school teacher was to be married next spring and that maybe a quilt would be a lovely wedding gift.

Did I mention I love my job?

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun :) great post

    www.northernstyle.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the spin on high tea. My human curiosity has gotten the best of me so I must ask, what exactly is your job because it looks rather spectacular!

    The Pink Monocle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. That is the most authentic high tea ensemble I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, look at you! you look like you're ready to set sail on a steamboat with mark twain himself. I wish I had such a job! I used to want to make costumes for movies.

    x. jill
    www.thoseghosts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!