Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Batik Dress




McCalls dress pattern 4679
Fabric found at a charity fabric sale

I made this dress for my mum, but have just put it on my mannequin for photos as she is not close by to model for me. My mannequin is too small so the dress is not hanging so great here but I'm looking forward to how well it looks on my mum. 

I started this dress a while ago, then spent a couple weeks with my ankle wrapped in ice not doing anything I didn't have to after work, so I can't say whether this pattern was good or not, I just know that getting 2/3's of the dress done and then coming back and finishing the rest was somewhat confusing.... But thats my bad.

Now I can get back to sewing projects for me! My next project is a pair of silk pants that have drawstrings at the hem, something fun and summery!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know your mom, but I'm sure she is going to love it! As for the silk pants, I can't wait to see what you come up with!
    Xoxo,
    Corrine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!