Monday, June 6, 2011

Job Shadowing

The original dress









The finished product

Okay, so I'm playing catch up with my blogs and the next couple will be showing what I've been up to. 

I was lucky to spend a couple days with Tracey Ward Kerr from Couture Gown Studio for some job shadowing. Tracey is a very talented lady and makes custom made bridal gowns; she was kind enough to let me work with her so I could get a taste of how she works her magic. 

I got to work with Tracey to remodel a show dress and the above photos show what we got up to in our time together. We started by cutting the dress at the waist, took the bottom skirt and undid the tucks in the hem. The bottom part of the skirt was then given tucks at the waist to send it in one direction around the body. We then picked up and twisted the skirt stitching it in place and then placing the flowers. 

I think the photos speak for themselves so I will leave it at that!

2 comments:

  1. Perfect! You did such a wonderful job on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Such a great remodel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!