Thursday, December 2, 2010

Draping Game On



So there was a comment made about what was going on with the dress forms in the back ground of my pictures a few days ago, so here they are. In my advanced pattern drafting class, our final draping assignment we could do whatever we wanted with a few requirements, so the above is what I did. The twill tape on the seam line was used to stabilize the gathers as I worked and reduced how many pins I had to use! I am going through so many pins this year it is unreal!

I'm going to make this dress, I think it would be quite fantastic!

Yesterday I starting draping my leopard print chiffon over my satin for the bodice, its looking stunning. I also handed in my tailored jacket for the third fitting, I may just get it finished in time!




3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this!! What are you making this one out of??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm pretty sure I was wondering what was going on in the background! I love it! I think it is absolutley stunning! I love how creative you are! And so far I've used an exclimation point in every sentance, which means I really really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very promising! I'd love to take those classes! But if I listened to myself, I'd spend my life studying...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!