Friday, November 5, 2010

Tailored Jacket First Fitting




Okay here is my amazing classically tailored jacket project, first fitting stage!
Isn't the color of this wool cashmere delightful!? I'm super stoked about this project. The jacket has a great lapel shape, and the peplum is fantastic, I think I will want to wear this all the time once it is completed. I'm even using a Kasha lining to make it slightly warmer. I'll be using a black velvet for the upper collar as well to give it a pride and prejudice type look.

As shown by the photos above, first fitting stage is putting together the seams, only basting the shoulder and side seams. Shoulder seams are hand basted together with tailors tape and then the hand made shoulder pads are basted in as well. I've already done a muslin before this, but the jacket was only lightly pressed in case more changes were needed. The hymo pieces are overlapped together, then tailor basted in for the front panels of the jacket. Now that the first fitting is done I will be restitching seam lines, and pad stitching the lapel among with a few other steps I will go through once get there.

I'm enjoying this project a lot, hand sewing is a favorite of mine and right now I can't wait to make another once I'm done this!

We'll see how long that lasts!


3 comments:

  1. I love it so far!! I think it's going to be stunning!
    I thought I'd tailor more jackets...that hasn't happened yet! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that you can make something as complicated as this.It's a great garment.Please keep on posting great stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!