Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fabric Hoarding...



Last weekend Fabricland had a big sale. I was very well behaved, and was there for only about 10-15 minutes and so was able to control myself. I found the above printed fabric at another location just as I was leaving the store one day and had been thinking about it ever since so you can imagine how excited I was to come across it and actually get some of it! I think it will make a fabulous long coat. I have some interesting ideas on how to mix up the look with some non-traditional sleeves.

And this fabulous little black equin fabric. Sequin fabric, need I say more????  I'm torn on all my thoughts for this fabric, I would like a tuxedo jacket in sequins though.....

Meanwhile, its been snowing here all week, outside is an amazing Winter Wonderland and its fantastic!

4 comments:

  1. oooh the sequins are fabulous! I've been seeing so many little sequinned vests and skirts for the holidays! This would be perfect to recreate one of those looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I LOVE both Fabrics. I'm soooo sad that I live over 2 hours from the nearest Fabricland...and it's not that great either...ugh!!
    Why do those "black" sequins look silver? are you lying to us? I've been looking for some great sequin fabric...and can't find any I love...I want to make something fabulous (a vest, a shirt, a jacket, a skirt...I dont know..anything)..I want either a dusty roseish colour, gold, bronze or black...or all of the above...I'm not finding any..ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wow ee. I do I do I do love that floral fabric! I can't WAIT to see you make a coat out of it!

    heart: Kimberellie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!