Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Boned Bodice Foundation




Okay, so here is the boned bodice foundation I've been working on for my couture class. This is for the Vogue pattern dress I had posted a while back. The foundation is made out of cotille which I bought from the school, never seen this stuff before, its for making garment structures. This bodice is made of 8 pieces, has boning sewn all the way around, and sewn in bust cups.

I wasn't really keen on posting a photo of me in the bodice foundation yet but the dress form photos really weren't doing justice and this was a cool angle my friend Tarina tried. The next step is the orange satin and leopard print silk chiffon layers of the bodice which I am now working on.  So with lining, this bodice will have 4 layers. Kind of crazy but the final product is going to be fantastic!!!!


4 comments:

  1. Oh I love it!!! It's going to be soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! I can't wait to see the final product! I think its going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the front seam! I would love to have that kind of course too! Or share a studio with people! Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAH! I am sooo envious and proud of you! I hope you'll keep us posted on your work. If I could only do it all over again, I'd be in a class just like this one. Lucky girl!

    ♥ V
    http://www.gritandglamour.com
    twitter: @gritandglamour

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!