Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall Colors, Where Are Mine?





Knit top: Le Chateau
Skirt: Self made
Earrings: Gift from Natasha
Boots: Spring

Well, fall is here with all of its wonders and gorgeous colors! I say that today wearing all of this black! Gah!

I enjoyed taking these photos out in the leaves, but should of done it earlier as the light is not the best. I've been letting my flash stay on automatic but I clearly need to do some fiddling because I can't seem to conistently get it right. Admittedly, I am rushing the whole process due to the mountain of homework I have and can't seem to get through it no matter how many hours I work on it all!

On the plus side long weekend this weekend! Woohoo!

I mentioned previously that I had bought some lace on our fieldtrip to some fabric stores so I think I will draft a little skirt, similar to this style to make the skirts out of. Simple is what I need, the lace is quite extravagent and certainly speaks on its own along with the fact that it was so expensive I bought a minimal amount.
I'm currently working on a tailored jacket that I bought a blue cashmere wool blend for and will be using a piece of black velvet as the upper collar to give it that Pride & Prejudice era kind of look. Very exciting! The jacket has a fabulous hip length peplum on it and everything!



2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the velvet upper collar...I can't wait to see the results!!
    I have some great ideas for some lace garments...must find me some good lace...perhaps I can go to Fabricana this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your skirt! Your jacket sounds technical! I can't wait for you to post pictures of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!