Friday, August 20, 2010

Smokin Fashion or Just Smoke?








Dress: Suzy Shier
Necklace: Hair Show (Weird right?)
Belt: Hand me down from my Grandma
Sandals: Nine West

Aren't my photos great? Not really.... The city is so smokey because of all the forest fires, theres this crazy haze over the whole city. These photos are the result. When I was checking them on my view finder they seemed fine but now I think I should of tried the flash. Live and learn. My family in northern BC are on alert because the fires up there have gotten so close, which is crazy. I couldn't imagine those places being burnt down, they all have farms with big barns and houses right next to this beautiful lake. Its one of the most beautiful places in the world, and I still think that after living and travelling in over 7 different countries!!!

Aside from all the smoke, it was a fabulous day. I read a couple magazines, trying to catch up and then finished reading a book called "When Autumn Leaves" by Amy Foster. It was such a fun little book, the first of what is to be a series. Unfortunately, now I have to wait for her to write the rest of the books. Patience is not my strong point. I am now reading Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Rigler, which is the sequel to Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict. If you adore Jane Austen's books as much as I do, you'll probably enjoy these books. Next on my list is The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen. I'm seeing a pattern here, are you?

Let me know if you have any book recommendations for me, I'd love to hear them.






1 comment:

  1. hello Brianna,

    I got my mystery remnants from EmmaOneSock. I would have loked to have ordered a coloured bundle, but they sold out before I knew about them and I got the last grey one. Here's the link if you want to keep an eye out for them in the future.
    http://www.emmaonesock.com/fabrics/cutpiecesandrollends.asp

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!