Thursday, August 19, 2010

Has It Really Been That Long?





Knit Top: Joe Fresh
Tie Skirt: Self made
Boots: Had them forever!!!
Necklace: Le Chateau?

Rusty was not embracing the spirit of pictures as seen above. He just wanted to go swimming. All he ever wants to do is go swimming. He's obsessed, like should maybe discuss his problem with a professional? It wasn't going to happen though, the ponds are just too icky by this time of the year. He'll have to wait till we go down to the park so he can go into the river with all that nice clean fresh water....

Onto the outfit. The pattern for this skirt was drafted by a friend and then I borrowed it. It doesn't even have a proper closure, just a tie. Zippers were a lot of pressure back then. This was all circa first college experience; as in a long time ago... like 8 or 9 years..... I even remember finding this fabric. I was at fiber week at the college and this lady was selling all these amazing prints. I got the fabric having no idea what I was going to do with it but knowing that I loved it and I would figure something out! I still love this print. I will admit that I have a fair amount of fabric that has this story but I have not made anything with it yet. I'm waiting for the right time, it'll just happen.... Naturally....

I'm a part sewing girl and part fabric hoarder..... Anyone else out there in the club with me?


4 comments:

  1. hahaha im such a hoarder as well!!! I have boxes just stuffed full of pretty fabrics with no specific goals in mind. That skirt is beautiful though! Shared patterns are always best...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do adore that skirt. And I applaud your hoarding. I mean, everything gets used eventually, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww he's a cutie!

    You have a very sweet blog so I'm following.

    If you get chance please check out my blog http://my-favourite-fashion.blogspot.com/ Thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the print on the skirt...and you already know how much of a fabric hoarder I am...it's now called insulation for the basement...haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!