Friday, July 30, 2010

All Mixed Up





Dress: Self Made
Hat: Walkabout Hats
Espadrilles: Payless
Necklace: Le Chateau
Bangles: Ten Thousand Villages

I didn't get dressed till late. When I say late I mean afternoon. I was determined that it would be my day off and I would actually get things done I wanted to do. No running across the city to take something to my sister because it was emergency (I was happy to do it for her), no last minute check run to the office, nothing! I had a list of things that needed to be done and I was going to get things crossed off that list!!!!
I succeeded. I crossed off quite a few things and then decided I should get dressed, walk the dog, go to the library (my favorite place), and a few other things. It was a pretty great day. I even found Annie Hall at the library to watch as I have not seen it in years and her wardrobe looks have been on my mind for fall....
I made this dress a few years ago. I remember seeing the fabrics and thinking how fabulous they would look together despite everyone else cringing when I told them I was going to mix these prints. To take it a step further I'm wearing a printed shoe! The colors are all fairly neutral though which is what I think makes this outfit look so great! I was also determined to wear heels on my day off as I miss wearing heels!

I'm working all long weekend so imagine its going to be quite slow (aka boring) but hopefully the rest of you who aren't working have a great long weekend!

2 comments:

  1. good call, i love those prints together and that dress looks easy to throw on, yet so chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those prints together! I probably would have shook my head at you too, but I think you have an amazing eye! Great job! Love the shoes too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!