Friday, May 21, 2010

Italy Day 5




Cathedral in Florence on the walking tour


Me in front of the baptistry doors


Baptistry doors on the other side, these have survived much better than the main doors.


Enrico Coveri Design house

Jacket: Le Chateau
Cardigan: Suzy Shier
Jeans: Smart Set
Purse: Winners
Gladiator Sandals: Nine West

On our first full day in Florence we had a walking tour in the morning with a lovely gentleman as our guide. He took us through Florence showing us the city hall, the Medicee house (Mansion), the Cathedral shown above and the Baptistry (where people were baptised and then walked straight across into the church) explaining the old customs and significant factors about the history and goings on in Florence. We then went through the Accademia Museum seeing the most amazing paintings and sculptures and then the big one Michealangelo's Statue of David. Quite amazing.
The second design house we went and had a tour of was Enrico Coveri. He is an Italian designer, the house is now run by his sister with her son neing the head designer now. We got to see sketches and meet interns working in the house. Again no photo's but amazing to see. The building was brightly colored, with amazing and crazy colored art work that I absolutely loved. I thought I had a pic of myself at the house but I can't find it at the moment! If you are unfamiliar with him, check out his website, I watched his Spring/Summer 2010 show on his website and loved it, it struck me as very Charlotte York (lady like) style meets Samantha Jones (edgey). I'm excited for SATC 2, can you tell?

Off to work now... will get back to outfit posts and stop slacking soon....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!