Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Italy Day 3










Me at the Colosseum (Origianally named the Flavian Amphitheatre)


The Colosseum


Me and a Gladiator (Sadly I couldn't find Maximus)


Roman Forum


Me at the Roman Forum


I love this photo with the Colosseum in the background!


The Temple of Antoninus and Faustina



Necklace: Made by my sister
Dress: Zara
Purse: Winners
Sandals: Nine West

I was very happy to finally be wearing this dress, and especially in Italy. This was a free day for the group, so those of us who had purchased hop-on hop-off bus tickets set off first thing in the morning and headed to the Colosseum. Did we ever time it right, there was hardly anyone there, no line ups, nothing! It was great, we even slipped in a quick little tour at the Colosseum and got a bit more history about the place. The photo with the Gladiator is one of my favorites, another girl and I got photo's together right after this one with us wearing gladiator helmuts and slaying the gladiator and then with him slaying us, unfortunately they were not taken with my camera so I am patiently waiting for copies....
Then we headed into the Roman forum and looked at the remains at a lot of temples which were pretty amazing, when you think about when they were built. The temple of Antoninus and Faustina was originally a temple the husband had built in memory of his beloved wife, but when he died the temple was named after both of them.
Later on, the group split up and the three of us missed our stop, and luckily being a nice Canadian and smiling so sweetly at the bus driver, he was kind enough to let us off in the middle of traffic. This is when we found the amazing fabric store, however they were just closing for their siesta or whatever they called it and weren't going to be open till 3 hours later!! So heres me standing in front nest to the amazing fabric that I couldn't have.....


Jordan and I on the Spanish steps pub crawl. I have finally perfected the ability to photo other people and myself by stretching my arm out and angling it right back at us. This has been a handicap of mine for some time, but no more!
This was the pub crawl found lovely Lindsay that most of the group went on. As evident in the above photo, ties over my hair are not a good look, or the green face paint. But it was a lot of fun....
To top it off, the guy leading us on the crawl, kept collecting us by calling for all the "Rambo's". Too good.


2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking that Gladiators hand is awfully close to your derriere...perhaps Rob will need to Challenge him to a fight?
    Such a pretty dress...a Bohemian Princess you are indeed!
    And the fabric...brilliant...I'm so dissapointed it was closed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this dress is absolutely gorgeous, and perfect for the laid back attitudes of italy!
    im also incredibly jealous of your tour of the cavalli factory in the next post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they make me all warm and fuzzy!